Pro Film Makers Can't Live Stream!

I have been attending ProFusion 2020 today and there is an anomaly I have noticed.... that is they can't live stream. With all of the big tech they have, I mean hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of gear, they have no idea how to stream.  I just wanted to put that out there and maybe we can talk about how we are at the forefront of the next revolution in video production.  

• ADMIN
2 hours ago, ConstructionKronies said:

I mean hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of gear, they have no idea how to stream.

I had a VERY popular TV show reach out to me because they had no idea how to run a stream from their home. They were shocked. They were expecting me to tell them it would cost them tens of thousands of dollars, and when I told them they were floored. I mean, when Trevor Noah first started streaming from home it looked like he was using a Logitech C920...and maybe he was...but you would think these guys production teams would know this.

I helped Matti Haapoja, a YouTuber, wit his initial live stream set up and he did not realize they could use all their C200's etc. So yeah, it is a pretty big opportunity. I get irritated when I see these guys with all the money in the world, with EPIC looking videos whose streams look like little turds floating down a river of gloom...

poop GIF

• love 1

David Foster | Geek 
:peace:

I think there is also a huge difference in managing a live situation and being able to stop and record everything. I once listened to a behind the scenes recording of a podcaster and Youtuber I follow (bright sun films) and he re-records almost every line! That would never work live! And that means a whole load of different skills when presenting live. You make this look easy when live-streaming!

• thumbsup 1