Deciding Which Niche To Focus On

mikedhill

Question

I have a bit of a dilemma in the fact that I have 2 different ideas I'm passionate about Live Streaming and building a business around but I know I cannot focus on both. 

I own both of the domain names, already have websites setup and YouTube Channels created as well as social media accounts created for both ideas.

IDEA #1: The first idea is about creating a channel about my favorite Hockey Team. Live streaming after every game as well as creating content videos to attract an audience.

IDEA #2: The second idea revolves around fitness and getting healthy. I just turned 50 and need to get back into shape and this would help keep me accountable. This would include content created videos to attract an audience, a weekly Live Stream and a podcast for those who don't have the time to watch videos.

Idea #2 has a lot more opportunity to monetize in the future including creating my own products at a later date. Idea #1 only has a few sources of monetization and the only product I could create is writing a book about the team, etc.

I should also mention that generating money is not the focus here. I will be retiring from the military in 4 years so I want to start working on this now and build an audience so that when I do retire they will get more of me through Daily Live Streams.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• thumbsup 1

1 answer to this question

• ADMIN
On 12/24/2020 at 3:56 PM, mikedhill said:

IDEA #1: The first idea is about creating a channel about my favorite Hockey Team. Live streaming after every game as well as creating content videos to attract an audience.

I think this would be a better niche since the health/weight loss is SOO heavily saturated. And you can monetize anything if you have listeners. You just need to have something you can show them. And if you do the hockey thing, you can also do the weight loss thing along with it...but not make that the focus. It would just be something you're doing and talking about sometimes...and see how your audience responds.

Bring personal things into your content for sure! And the fact that you are starting now is AWESOME! Just go for it! 

Bill Murray Reaction GIF

p.s. so sorry about the late reply. I guess I missed a notification you had posted.

• thumbsup 1

David Foster | Geek 
:peace: