YouTube Algorithm VS Live Streamers

ConstructionKronies

Question

I have been noticing all of the changes to the Creator Studio separating content into video\live\posts and maybe shorts I don't have that yet so I don't know. I have been very stubborn in my attempt to grow a channel that goes live and uploads pre-recorded video. I usually leave my streams posted in the replays playlist and if subject related. How do you feel about that? I am anticipating the algorithm to analyze content accordingly one day and awarding different scores to content based on its origin. I am wondering if you feel the same way or have a different idea? 

• thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

1 answer to this question

• ADMIN

We have found that the combo of live AND recorded is the only way to build a channel. Because the recorded videos take care of the audience building, while the live streams take care of the nurturing of the audience the videos are creating. If you only stream on a channel, unless you already have some sort of existing audience, you will find it very challenging to ever wind up in discovery. I would suggest you stop being stubborn LOL.

I would start streaming on your MAIN channel that has all the videos. Just make sure when you do, that you do it consistently at the same time every week or day or whatever schedule you decide to take on. :) 

• thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

David Foster | Geek 
:peace: