The Queen's Gambit

David

• ADMIN

I just watched a limited series on Netflix called The Queen's Gambit. It's about a chess player. A PRO chess player. I didn't even realize that was a thing. 

It was pretty good. It is really strange at times, and it's hard to tell what's going on. I got lost a few times, and that is rare for me :)  

There was also quite a bit of foreshadowing. I never like when they think the viewers aren't going to get things unless they make them obvious. Like the scientist telling us the entire story leading up to that point. It's so cliché. 

I do recommend it though as I did find it to be a fun watch. Jennifer really liked it too. 

I usually do these as a video, and I still may. Just been a very busy week. I am really hoping for things to die down after the holidays. Go away COVID!! You bastard!

matt hardy wrestling GIF by WWE

David Foster | Geek 
:peace:

It’s a great series; I didn’t think something to do with Chess would be this engaging. Anya Taylor-Joy is really great. I do wonder if people who actually know the chess moves will watch this and cringe or if it’s all legit moves. 

• thumbsup 1