Hey geek! So, today I ordered a new Streaming Machine. As you may know, I had planned to use an iMac for the overhead camera set-up in the streaming studio, but that was not working as Ecamm was having issues with NDI.
Then I had a client that decided he wanted to stick with Mac and not move to PC, so rather than try to figure out how to make the iMac work for other things, I sold it to the client. That was about $5800 total.
That gave me $5800 to put toward a new streaming machine that I KNOW would work for what I need, so that is what I ordered. Below are the specs, and let me tell you...this thing is going to be an absolute MONSTER and will most likely de-throne Serenity. She will still have her place in the production as she will become the streaming machine only.
What I will load on her (Serenity) will be all the BRB...Stream Ending videos, and anything else that will take load, but not HEAVY load, and she will run the actual stream. That way she will not get overloaded and neither will the new PC, which actually could handle way more than I will be throwing at it LOL.
Here is what she will look like. Now, she will not have these boring colors you see in this pic, because I ordered FULL RGB lighting throughout. I will be able to control what color she is. It's funny what things excite us about these things LOL
UPDATE 12/23/20: Here are the specs for the NEW Machine I ordered. Same case, so it should look exactly the same.
- CASE/P600S/W Case EDGE LIGHT
- LED/RGB/RF Case Lighting Xidax Multi-Color LED Lighting Strip (Choose)
- MB/Z490/STRIX-E Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING WIFI
- CPU/I9/10900K Processor INTEL CORE i9 10900k 10C/20T 5.3GHz
- CPU Paste Standard CPU Thermal Paste
- COOL/CASTLE/360 CPU Cooling DEEPCOOL CASTLE 360EX 360MM RGB
- DDR4/D8G3600RGBMemory (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHZ G.SKILL TRIDENT-Z NEO- 32GB (32GB (4x8GB))
- GPU/RTX3090 Graphics CardNVIDIA RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X BACKORDER ONLY
- GPU Paste Standard Graphics Card Thermal Paste
- PSU/SSR/1000 Power Supply 1000W GOLD POWER SUPPLY
- M.2/SEA4/1TB m.2 SSD SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 SERIES 1TB PCIE GEN4 M.2 SSD (1TB M.2)
- SSD/SEA/2TB HDD/SSD Xidax Performance SSD 2TB (2TB SSD)
- Sleeving White Uni-Sleeved Cables (1 Graphics Card)
- FAN/120/QL120 LED Fans Corsair QL series RGB fans
- SOUND/AE5 Sound Cards Creative Labs Soundblaster AE5 RGB
- SW/WIN10PRO/OA3OS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit
- SW/CPS-XIDAX Anti-Virus Xidax Gaming Shield - Virus & Malware Protection
Ok, let's talk SPECS! This thing is amazing...
Motherboard MSI MEG Z490 GODLIKE WIFI -
Processor INTEL CORE i9 10900k 10C/20T 5.3GHz
Memory (4x16GB) G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO- DDR4 3600MHZ MEMORY 64GB
Power Supply 1050W GOLD POWER SUPPLY - Gold Rated. Fully modular cabling, and optimized for silence
Wireless AX DUAL BAND WIRELESS CARD -
Graphics Card NVIDIA RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X
m.2 SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVME SSD -
Evo Plus 2nd M.2 Samsung 970
EVO Plus 1TB M.2 NVME SSD - Samsung 970
EVO Plus 500GB M.2 NVME SSD FREE UPGRADE TO 1TB!
HDD/SSD Xidax Performance SSD 1TB -
2nd HDD Xidax Performance SSD 1TB -
CPU Cooling DEEPCOOL CASTLE 360EX 360MM RGB -
CPU Paste Premium CPU Thermal Paste - Lower Temps 5-10° C -
Premium Graphics Card Thermal Paste - Lower Temps 5-10° C -
OS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit
Sleeving White Uni-Sleeved Cables -
Case Lighting Multi-Color LED with IR Remote (x2 Lighting Strips) - Remote allows for pulsating, intensity, and solid color options. LED Fans Corsair QL series RGB fans -
I mean, come on man! That thing is going to SCREAM!!!
What do YOU think? Let me know in the comments, and stay tuned for an unboxing for SURE!
Stay tuned for the stream where we name this new addition to the family.