• 05.23.2015 at 2:50 PM #76807
    Profile photo of Rick GarzaRick Garza
    Participant
    (@rickgarza)

Several of you all know my internet… well…. stinks. I live in a small community and only have two options for internet. The cable company that I presently have an account with and the local phone provider. The phone company wants far too much money than I am willing to shell out or afford at this time for 6mb down. Not sure what Up is. Maybe 512 or a bit more.

The fastest the cable is offering is 3mb down and 1mb up. That should be sufficient to watch any of the streaming content at 720p or at least 480p. However, it isn’t. My ISP is a train wreck.

The last time I talked to anyone mentioning the high ping times (at time up to 500ms) and the slow speed I was experiencing during all times of day (300k and even lower) they basically said I was SOL. They had no intention of fixing what I considered to be a serious problem because they didn’t consider it one.

I can tell you I was pretty irate when two different technicians and a customer service manager says there was nothing they could do to fix things.

I know for a fact they can have a better functioning system. 4 months ago things were far better than today. I was able to stream Youtube at 720p with out issue. Now I sometimes have to drop down to 144p just to keep videos from buffering. And even then sometimes they will still buffer. Yesterday, when I was watching Tech Whisperer, I was able to watch with only some brief pauses. Annoying, but not terrible. Today watching Hipster and the Geek was impossible. I was able to watch only a few seconds at a time before the video would freeze for 30 seconds or more, then another 2 or 3 seconds of video again followed by 30 seconds of nothing.

I realize this is a problem on my end. Sadly one I don’t think is getting fixed anytime soon. There have to be others in my boat that would love to watch the shows live and could use the ability to change the resolution on the video broadcast so it won’t be a strain on the limited bandwidth available.

I do remember Luria mentioning that the live broadcast could be watched at 3 different resolutions. Maybe I misheard her.

I could find not a way to adjust the resolution of the live broadcast. Is this something that is in the works? I really would appreciate if someone could give some input as to whether or not this will be implemented soon.

I realize that there is an audio version. Just never been my thing. I want to see as well as hear the broadcast.

05.28.2015 at 10:10 AM #77222
    Profile photo of Rick GarzaRick Garza
    Participant
    (@rickgarza)

Not sure about any rules about bumping but, I really would like some kind of resolution to this issue if possible.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.